LOTR Wars
April 18, 2024, 04:48:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aragorn's 508 Beta is Online for personally selected Beta Testers and Staff,  sorry. Vote under General Forums in "Songs For the Ad Video"

Changed IP for 508 Beta. Check staff board for more info.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Butterscape Staff List Members Login Register  

Need some help with passwords?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help with passwords?  (Read 220 times)
Blackbullet5
Administrator

Rep: 19

Gotta ? PM Me or IM Me,(Use my Msn name not Yahoo)

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2008, 03:51:06 pm »

Made by:Blackbullet5

Well, I'm kindasorta big on keeping my computer and some accounts safe : ) It's easy for me to make hard passwords. And for some people It's hard to make a good password.
So, here's some tips that Ive made.

1. NEVER TELL ANYONE YOUR PASSWORD. Even if they are your friend, you could get in a fight and they could say " Imma take revenge on that ****!" So they could go on your account on what ever they have the password to, and kinda **** it up.

2. Don't use short passwords! I know, every time you log in to something you don't want to type in a long 25 character password. Neither do I. But you should if you want to keep it safe.

3. Use random brands/names that you can think of or you can see. But don't try to make them all related. Ex. LaysPringlesRufflesDoritos   They are all Chips, so they are related.  Use one like this. Ex. MountaindewSinclairPringlesEastsport. Those brands have nothing in common.

4. In passwords, you should have about 3 or more numbers in it. DON'T USE YOUR BIRTH YEAR. Many people use there birth year, That's a bad move. Make them random numbers, not 123456 or 987654 or something like that. 626940 is a good example.

5. Don't have a password with your girlfriend\boyfriends name in it.

6. Store your password someplace safe! Write down your passwords. Many people say Don't write them down, people could find them. But what if you forget? Write them down but,keep them in a very safe place that no one will find them.

7. Don't use a Password manager to store passwords. Some of them,you don't even need a Master password to see all your passwords. Plus, it makes it a lot faster if you get a Keylogger, for it to find your passwords.

8. Still can't think of a good password?¿? Here you go. Use a Online Password Generator. Don't use a downloaded one. Here's a good site for a Password Generator.
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
http://www.pctools.com/guides/password/
With this Online Password Generator, you get many options to choose from. The more boxes you click, the more secure your password is.  I don't like using Password Generators, but some people do.

9.Don't use the same password for every account! If your password is, dogsownyou for every account you have,the person can take every account. Use diffrent account names if you want.

10.NEVER USE YOUR REAL PASSWORD ON A MOPARSCAPE SERVER!@!
I cannot say that enough. The person running the server can look up your password very easy! so do something way different on every server.

Thanks for reading my guide on passwords and be safe Smiley-Blackbullet5
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 03:55:04 pm by Blackbullet5 » Report Spam   Logged

Your proud Head Administrator.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aragorn
Owner

Rep: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 04:02:05 pm »

Very well thought out. I'll be sure to look back at this when I need to make a password lol.
Report Spam   Logged

"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers... I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolfs and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! THIS DAY WE FIGHT! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"
Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King
Blackbullet5
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 04:05:08 pm »

Very well thought out. I'll be sure to look back at this when I need to make a password lol.
Ok, and thanks Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Aragorn
Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 04:12:20 pm »

Ok, and thanks Smiley

Np.
Report Spam   Logged

"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers... I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolfs and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! THIS DAY WE FIGHT! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"
Legolas
Co-Owner

Rep: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 09:24:36 pm »

wow, that's covered everything to making a password, nice Smiley lol I broke rule one already  :D I tell Aragorn all my passwords ever known
Report Spam   Logged

Watch out for the stfu arrow....._ _
                                            , ,
===========}}--S-T-F-U-->   x
......and you just got hit.
Blackbullet5
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 11:27:57 pm »

wow, that's covered everything to making a password, nice Smiley lol I broke rule one already  :D I tell Aragorn all my passwords ever known
Thanks, lol I tell my friends some of my passwords, but nothing I really care about. Like the forms or my Runescape character, no one will know lol
Report Spam   Logged

Legolas
Co-Owner

Rep: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 10:37:15 am »

Thanks, lol I tell my friends some of my passwords, but nothing I really care about. Like the forms or my Runescape character, no one will know lol
yeah, but some of my passwords are the same and i only have like 3 different passwords out of everything i have that as a password lol :D
Report Spam   Logged

Watch out for the stfu arrow....._ _
                                            , ,
===========}}--S-T-F-U-->   x
......and you just got hit.
Aragorn
Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 02:16:07 pm »

mhmm. I don't mind if he tells me cause i'm the Owner Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Gimli

Rep: 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 06:20:41 pm »

i dont no wat to say cus im bored and i just felt like posting
Report Spam   Logged
Aragorn
Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 07:54:09 pm »

i dont no wat to say cus im bored and i just felt like posting

Please do not spam the boards....
Report Spam   Logged

Gimli

Rep: 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 05:18:04 pm »

sry Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Aragorn
Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 09:07:53 pm »

sry Sad

Its ok.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum